1. An underpriced stock provides an expected return, which is on the capital asset pricing model (CAPM).
the required return based
(a) less than
(b) equal to
(c) greater than
(d) greater than or equal to
2. You wish to earn a return of 10% on each of two stocks, A and B. Each of the stocks is expected
to pay a dividend of $4 in the upcoming year. The expected growth rate of dividends is 6% for stock A and 5% for stock B. Using the constant growth DDM, the intrinsic value of stock A is
(a) will be higher than the intrinsic value of stock B
(b) will be the same as the intrinsic value of stock B
(c) will be less than the intrinsic value of stock B
(d) more information is necessary to answer this question
3. You are considering acquiring a common share of R&A Shopping Center Corporation that you would like to hold for one year. You expect to receive both $1.25 in dividends and $35 from the sale of the share at the end of the year. The maximum price you would pay for a share today is if you wanted to earn a 12% return.
4. C&N Trading Company is expected to have EPS in the upcoming year of $6.00. The expected ROE is 18.0%. An appropriate required return on the stock is 14%. If the ﬁrm has a plow back ratio of 60%, its growth rate of dividends should be
5. Stern Enterprises is expected to have EPS (Earnings per share) in the upcoming year of $6.00. The expected ROE is 18.0%. An appropriate required return on the stock is 14%. If the ﬁrm has a plow back ratio of 70%, its intrinsic value should be
6. Smart Investors, Inc., is expected to pay a dividend of $4.20 in the upcoming year. Dividends are expected to grow at the rate of 8% per year. The riskless rate of return is 4% and the expected return on the market portfolio is 14%. Investors use the CAPM to compute the growth rate on the stock, and the constant growth DDM to determine the intrinsic value of the stock. The stock is trading in the market today at $84.00. Using the constant growth DDM and the CAPM, the beta of the stock is
7. M&B Gold Mining Corporation is expected to pay a dividend of $6 in the upcoming year. Dividends are expected to decline at the rate of 3% per year. The riskless rate of return is 5% and the expected return on the market portfolio is 13%. The stock of M&B Gold Mining Corporation has a beta of −0.50. Using the constant growth DDM, the intrinsic value of the stock is
8. Suppose that the consensus forecast of security analysts of your favorite company is that earnings next year will be E1 = 5.00 per share. Suppose that the company tends to plow back 50% of its earnings and pay the rest as dividends. If the Chief Financial Oﬃcer (CFO) estimates that the company’s growth rate will be 8% from now onwards, answer the following questions.
(a) If your estimate of the company’s required rate of return on its stock is 10%, what is the equilibrium price of the stock?
(b) Suppose you observe that the stock is selling for $50.00 per share, and that this is the best estimate of its equilibrium price. What would you conclude about either (i) your estimate of the stock’s required rate of return; or (ii) the CFO’s estimate of the company’s future growth rate?
(c) Suppose your own 10% estimate of the stock’s required rate of return is shared by the rest of the market. What does the market price of $50.00 per share imply about the market’s estimate of the company’s growth rate?
9. The stock PolarBear.com trades on both the South Pole Stock Exchange and the North Pole Stock Exchange.
(a) Suppose the price on the North Pole is $18. What does the No-Arbitrage Condition say about the price on the South Pole? (Assume no trading costs.
(b) Suppose the price on the North Pole is $18 and the price on the the South Pole is $17? How can you make an arbitrage proﬁt? (Assume no trading costs.)
(c) Suppose that the price on the North Pole is $18, that buying or selling on the North Pole costs $2, and that buying or selling on the South Pole is free. What does the No-Arbitrage Condition say about the price on the South Pole?
10. Suppose that there are two securities RAIN and SUN. RAIN pays $100 in there is any rain during the next world cup soccer ﬁnal. SUN pays $100 in there is no rain. Suppose that the world cup soccer ﬁnal is 1 year from today (although this is not true), and suppose that RAIN is trading at a price of $23 and SUN is trading at a price of $70.
(a) If you buy 1 share of RAIN and 1 share of SUN, what is your payoﬀ after 1 year, depending on the weather?
(b) What does the No-Arbitrage Condition imply about the price of a 1-year zero-coupon bond? (Assume no trading costs.)
(c) Suppose that a 1-year zero-coupon bond is trading at $90. Show how you would set up a transaction to earn a riskless arbitrage proﬁt. (Assume no trading costs.)
(d) Suppose that trading zero-coupon bonds is costless, but trading RAIN and SUN each cost $2 per $100 face value. Can you still make an arbitrage proﬁt?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.