Activity I – Qualitative Risk Assessment. Imagine that you are a member of a project team that has been charged with developing a new product for the residential building industry. Using a qualitative risk analysis matrix, develop a risk assessment for a project based on the following information: :
Identified risk factors Likelihood
1. Key team members pulled off project 1. High
2. Chance of economic downturn 2. Low
3. Project funding cut 3. Medium
4. Project scope changes 4. High
5. Poor spec. performance 5. Low
1. Based on this information, how would you rate the consequences of each of the identified risk factors? Why? Construct the risk matrix and classify each of the risk factors in the matrix.
Activity II – Sochi Olympics—What’s the Cost of National Prestige?
The Sochi Olympics was an example of project costs running out of control; so much so that the final price tag (estimated to be more than $50 billion), dwarfed the costs of every other Olympic Games to this point in time. In addition to picking a questionable, sub-tropical location for the Games, from the very beginning, the process of developing the site was subject to meddling from politicians, including President Vladimir Putin. Another major cost to the final price tag was related to charges of wide-spread corruption, as sub-projects for the Games (such as infrastructure, buildings, and roads) ended up with highly inflated price tags. This is a great case for general class discussion as we consider the purpose for Olympic Games, the challenges of cost control with critical deadlines that must be adhered to, and the fact that costs are rising for Games to the point where in 2017, Rome, Budapest, and several other cities withdrew their bids to host the 2024 Olympics because they could not trust the final costs and could not justify the value they would gain versus the costs of the project.
1. Consider the following statement: “Government-funded projects intended to serve as ‘prestige projects,’ such as the Sochi Olympics, should not be judged on the basis of cost.” Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Why?
2. Project success is defined as adherence to budget, schedule, functionality (performance), and client satisfaction. Under these criteria, cite evidence that suggests the Sochi Olympics project was a success and/or failure.
3. When a project has a “hard gate,” like being ready on time, how does that affect normal success criteria? Is it fair to judge a project with a critical completion date by normal project success standards? Why or why not?
4. Consider the problems with the Rio Olympics sites that quickly occurred following completion of the 2016 Summer Games. Access the internet to find evidence of the current state of the Sochi Olympic site. How is it being used and what are the current problems and opportunities for Sochi?
Pinto, J.K. (2019). Project Management: Achieving Competitive Advantage (5thed). Boston: Pearson
The answer should be at least 500+ words and in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced)
I need 2 answers for this same assignment. One for me and another one for my friend.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.