1. Drowning, suffocation and carbon monoxide poisoning can lead to death because they all prevent oxygen from reaching our cells. Explain how this lack of oxygen can lead to death; be specific about how this lack of oxygen can affect cellular metabolic processes.
2. Glycolysis would quickly halt if the process ran out of _____, which serves as the hydrogen and electron acceptor.
c . NAD+
3. The ultimate electron acceptor in aerobic respiration is ______________.
4. When glucose is used as an energy source, the largest amount of ATP is generated by the ________________ portion of the entire respiratory process.
b. acetyl-CoA formation
c. Kreb’s cycle
d. Electron transport chain
5. Starting with one molecule of glucose, the “net” products of glycolysis are:
a. 2 NAD+, 2 H+, 2 pyruvate, 2 ATP, and 2 H2O.
b. 2 NADH, 2 pyruvate, and 2 ATP.
c. 2 FADH2, 2 pyruvate, 4 ATP, and 2 H2O.
d. 6 CO2, 6 H2O, 2 ATP, and 2 pyruvate.
e. 6 CO2, 6 H2O, 36 ATP, and 2 citrate.
6. The graph shows the rate of an enzyme reaction at different levels of acidity or alkalinity (pH). From the graph, what is the optimum pH for this enzyme?
A. pH 2
B. pH 7
C. pH 10
D. none of these.
7. Pyruvic acid can be regarded as the end product of _________________.
b. acetyl-CoA format
d. the Kreb’s cycle
8. The rate of glycolysis is_____________.
a. stimulated by ATP
b. stimulated by ADP
c. inhibited by ADP
d. inhibited by oxygen
9. Including the conversion of pyruvate to acetyl CoA, how many NADH, FADH2, ATP, and GTP molecules are produced during the Kreb’s cycle?
NADH – Number of Molecules ______
FADH – Number of Molecules ______
ATP – Number of Molecules ______
10. Fill in the table below to indicate how fermentation (lactic acid and alcoholic) is different from glycolysis and how the two pathways are similar.
GlycolysisFermentationWhere in the cell do these processes take place? What are the reactants? What are the products? Is carbon dioxide produced? Can it occur in the presence of oxygen? Can it occur in the absence of oxygen?
11. What is the relationship between cellular respiration and photosynthesis based on their reactants and products? You will have to include the reactants and products of both processes in your answer.
12. ATP is the molecule that is used to provide energy necessary to power cellular functions, and as a result, it is often called the “energy currency” in the cell. How might this “energy currency” be saved; meaning, what organic molecule can be produced and later used to provide ATP? And what organic molecule might be considered the paycheck; the molecule that is “cashed” in order to get ATP quickly? Explain both your answers.
13. With the massive amount of plant life, ample rainfall and favorable temperatures, you might think that tropical rainforests would be large net producers of oxygen, and yet surprisingly, they are not! With your knowledge of photosynthesis and cellular respiration, can you explain why this might be true? Think about what happens when a leaf drops or fruit from a tree is eaten.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.