The amount of snowfall falling in a certain mountain range is normally distributed with a mean of 94 inches, and a standard deviation of 14 inches. What is the probability that the mean annual snowfall during 49 randomly picked years will exceed 96.8 inches? (Points : 5)
6. Estimate the indicated probability by using the normal distribution as an approximation to the binomial distribution.
With n = 18 and p = 0.30, estimate P(6). (Points : 5)
7. Use the normal distribution to approximate the desired probability.
A coin is tossed 20 times. A person, who claims to have extrasensory perception, is asked to predict the outcome of each flip in advance. She predicts correctly on 14 tosses. What is the probability of being correct 14 or more times by guessing? Does this probability seem to verify her claim? (Points : 5)
8. Solve the problem.
The following confidence interval is obtained for a population proportion, p: 0.689 < p < 0.723. Use these confidence interval limits to find the margin of error, E. (Points : 5)
9. Assume that a sample is used to estimate a population proportion p. Find the margin of error E that corresponds to the given statistics and confidence level. Round the margin of error to four decimal places.
95% confidence; n = 320, x = 60 (Points : 5)
10. Use the given degree of confidence and sample data to construct a confidence interval for the population proportion p.
n = 51, x = 27; 95% confidence (Points : 5)
0.414 < p < 0.644
0.392 < p < 0.666
0.391 < p < 0.667
0.413 < p < 0.645
11. Use the given data to find the minimum sample size required to estimate the population proportion.
Margin of error: 0.004; confidence level: 95%; unknown (Points : 5)
12. Solve the problem. Round the point estimate to the nearest thousandth.
Find the point estimate of the proportion of people who wear hearing aids if, in a random sample of 304 people, 20 people had hearing aids. (Points : 5)
13. Use the given degree of confidence and sample data to construct a confidence interval for the population proportion p.
A survey of 865 voters in one state reveals that 408 favor approval of an issue before the legislature. Construct the 95% confidence interval for the true proportion of all voters in the state who favor approval. (Points : 5)
0.471 < p < 0.472
0.435 < p < 0.508
0.438 < p < 0.505
0.444 < p < 0.500
14. Solve the problem.
A newspaper article about the results of a poll states: “In theory, the results of such a poll, in 99 cases out of 100 should differ by no more than 5 percentage points in either direction from what would have been obtained by interviewing all voters in the United States.” Find the sample size suggested by this statement. (Points : 5)
16. Use the confidence level and sample data to find a confidence interval for estimating the population mu. Round your answer to the same number of decimal places as the sample mean.
Test scores: n = 92, mean = 90.6, sigma = 8.9; 99% confidence (Points : 5)
88.4 < mu < 92.8
88.8 < mu < 92.4
88.2 < mu < 93.0
89.1 < mu < 92.1
17. Use the given information to find the minimum sample size required to estimate an unknown population mean mu.
Margin of error: $120, confidence level: 95%, sigma = $593 (Points : 5)
18. Assume that a sample is used to estimate a population mean mu. Use the given confidence level and sample data to find the margin of error. Assume that the sample is a simple random sample and the population has a normal distribution. Round your answer to one more decimal place than the sample standard deviation.
95% confidence; n = 91; x-bar = 16, s = 9.1 (Points : 5)
19. Use the given degree of confidence and sample data to construct a confidence interval for the population mean mu. Assume that the population has a normal distribution.
A laboratory tested twelve chicken eggs and found that the mean amount of cholesterol was 225 milligrams with s = 15.7 milligrams. Construct a 95% confidence interval for the true mean cholesterol content of all such eggs. (Points : 5)
215.0 mg < mu < 235.0 mg
216.9 mg < mu < 233.1 mg
214.9 mg < mu < 235.1 mg
215.1 mg < mu < 234.9 mg
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.