Topic: One particular aspect of New Zealand politics (1500 WORDS)
Type of paper: Essay (any type)
Discipline: Political science : Political Science
Format or citation style: Chicago / Turabian
PICK ONE!!! ( I DONT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY FOR 1500 WORDS SO I PUT 1100) CAN YOU STILL DO IT!!????
1. In June 2019 a report ‘Foresight, insight and oversight: Enhancing long-term governance through better parliamentary scrutiny’ was released (you can find a copy of the report on Blackboard in the Assessments tab within the ‘Unessay or Essay’ folder). This report identifies some key concerns with New Zealand’s parliamentary processes and suggests options for reform. You should identify one reform in the report that you wish to critically evaluate. In your essay, you should explore the relative strengths and weaknesses of this reform, drawing on at least five academic peer-reviewed sources (not including the report) to make your argument. Please remember that your essay should have a thesis – in other words, you should be making a case for either adopting the reform or rejecting it (or, perhaps, revising it to address weaknesses you identify). In making your case, you should present arguments both for and against the reform.
2. What role does Te Tiriti O Waitangi currently play in New Zealand’s constitutional arrangements? Do you think its role is sufficient or should it be strengthened? Why or why not? Justify your answer with reference to at least five academic peer-reviewed sources.
3. Should all New Zealand constitutional law be consolidated into one Act? What are the most important elements you would expect to see in the Act, and should it be fundamental law or ordinary legislation? Remember that this is not simply a descriptive essay (i.e. don’t just explain what the constitutional arrangements should look like) – you should also give reasons for your answer, with reference to at least five academic peer-reviewed sources.
4. ‘The role of New Zealand Prime Minister is now much more than ‘first among equals’. Do you agree or disagree? Justify your answer, with reference to at least five peer-reviewed academic sources.
5. ‘Despite the change to MMP, the New Zealand Parliament is still failing in its role as an effective check on executive power’. Do you agree or disagree? Justify your answer, with reference to at least five academic peer-reviewed sources.
6. Do you think that measures for public engagement with the New Zealand Parliament are sufficient? If so, why? If not, why not? Justify your answer, with reference to at least five academic peer-reviewed sources.
7. In the 2017 New Zealand General Election, a number of small parties were not re-elected to Parliament, thus reducing the number of parties represented in the legislature. A number of political commentators have suggested that this illuminates deficiencies in the MMP electoral system. Do you agree? Justify your answer with reference to at least five academic peer-reviewed sources. In answering this question, it might help to consider the recommendations of the Electoral Commission’s review of MMP in 2012.
8. Explain how and why the issue of customary property rights in the Foreshore and Seabed transformed the nature of Māori politics. To what extent have the effects been permanent or transitory? Justify your answer, with reference to at least five academic peer-reviewed sources.
9. Assess the relative advantages and disadvantages of political parties in New Zealand’s political landscape. Do you think that they are an important and valuable feature of New Zealand’s democracy? Justify your answer with reference to at least five academic peer-reviewed sources. In answering this question, you may wish to consider the justifications for – and criticisms of – the Electoral (Integrity) Bill.
10. What does it mean to talk of a constitutionally independent, expert and politically neutral public service? Do we have one in New Zealand? Use examples to illustrate your argument and justify your answer with reference to at least five academic peer-reviewed sources.
11. Do you think that social media is largely a positive or negative influence on New Zealand’s democracy? Why or why not? You should draw on at least five academic peer-reviewed sources to support your answer.
12. Is New Zealand’s Parliament sufficiently ‘representative’? In your essay explain and justify what you mean by representation before assessing whether or not it is ‘sufficiently’ representative. You should reference at least five academic peer-reviewed sources to support your answer.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.