22. A repeated-measures study uses a sample of n = 20 participants to evaluate the mean differences among three treatment conditions. In the analysis of variance for this study, what is the value for dfBetweenTreatments?
23. A repeated- measures ANOVA with n = 5 subjects has within-treatment df = 12. What is the value of error df for this analysis?
d. Insufficient information to find error df
24. For the repeated-measures ANOVA, SSerror is found by:
a. SStotal – Ssbetween treatments
b. SSbetween treatments – Sswithin treatments
c. SSbetween treatments – Ssbetween subjects
d. SSwithin treatments – Ssbetween subjects
25. A repeated-measures analysis of variance produces SSwithin treatments = 24 and SSbetween treatments = 40. For this analysis, what is the value of SSerror?
d. Cannot be determined without additional information
26. Which of the following are sources of variability that contribute to SSbetween treatments in a repeated ANOVA?
a. Treatment effect and random unsystematic differences
b. Treatment effect and individual differences
c. Treatment effect, individual differences, and random unsystematic differences
d. Individual differences and random unsystematic differences
27. For a repeated-measures study, dfBetween treatments = 3 and dfTotal = 27. This means 28 people participated in the study with 7 different people in each group.
28. For the repeated ANOVA, SSwithin treatments = SSbetween subjects + SSerror.
29. Based on the results of a repeated-measures ANOVA, a researcher reports F (4, 20) = 11.57, p < .01. For this ANOVA, the null hypothesis was rejected.
30. For a repeated-measures research study comparing 2 treatment conditions with a sample of n = 8 subjects, the F-ratio would have df = 1, 7.
31. A two-factor study with two levels of factor A and three levels of factor B uses a separate group of n = 5 participants in each treatment condition. How many participants are needed for the entire study?
32. A two-factor, independent-measures research study with 2 levels of factor A and 2 levels of factor B would require 2 separate samples.
33. A two-factor analysis of variance involves three separate F-ratios.
34. For an independent measures two-factor experiment, the smaller the values of the sample variances, the more likely it is that at least one of the F-ratios will be significant.
35. IN a two-factor analysis of variance with two levels of factor A and two levels of factor B, what is the relationship among the three F-ratios (A, B and the AxB interaction)?
a. All three F-ratios will have the same values for df.
b. The F-ratios for A and B will have the same values for df, but the interaction may have a different df value.
c. The F-ratios for A and B will have the same df values but the interaction is guaranteed to have different values for df.
d. None of the other 3 choices are correct.
36. The results from a two-factor analysis of variance show a significant main effect for factor A and a significant main effect for factor B. Based on this information, you can conclude that:
a. There must be a significant interaction
b. There probably is a significant interaction
c. The interaction cannot be significant
d. You cannot make any conclusion about the significance of the interaction
37. In a line graph showing the results from a two-factor experiment, the levels of factor B are presented on the X-axis and, although the line for A1 is crooked, the points on the line are consistently 5 points higher than the line for A2. What result is indicated by this pattern?
a. No indication of an interaction
b. An indication of an overall Factor A effect
c. An indication of a Factor A effect but no indication of an interaction
d. An indication of an interaction but no indication of a Factor A effect
38. Obtaining a significant interaction means that both factors A and B have significant main effects.
39. Whenever a two-factor experiment results in a significant interaction, you should be cautious about interpreting the main effects because an interaction can distort, conceal, or exaggerate the main effects of the individual factors.
40. A two-factor analysis of variance with 2 levels of Factor A and 3 levels of Factor B involves 6 separate hypothesis tests.
41. A two factor analysis of variance produces SSa = 20, SSb = 40 and SSaxb = 90. For this analysis, what is the value for SSbetween treatments?
d. Cannot be determined without additional information
42. In a two-factor ANOVA, which of the following is not computed directly but rather is found by subtraction?
a. SSbetween treatments
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.