you will complete a series of assignments that mirror the steps required for the successful planning, implementation and evaluation of a project intervention for a public health promotion or disease prevention program. The overall steps for developing an evidence-based project intervention include:
1. Assessment of a target population and health issue
2. Selection of public health theory to inform evidence-based intervention
3. Development of a SMART plan
4. Development of program implementation plan and identification of stakeholders
5. Selection of evaluation for intervention
6. Development of evaluation and stakeholder engagement plan
You will use the information from each assignment to further assist in the development of each upcoming assignment. By the culmination of the course, you will have outlined the specific activities necessary to create a realistic intervention for a public health project designed to reach an attainable goal for a select target population.
For this assignment, you will complete the first step of this project with an assessment of a target population or community and a health issue. In a narrative of 1,000-1,250 words, address each of the following parts of the community needs assessment:
1. Describe the public health issue to be assessed.
2. Describe the community and region to be assessed: Your community can be defined by geography (i.e., neighborhood, city, state, etc.) and/or by specific target population (i.e., immigrants, race/ethnic group, elderly, etc.).
3. Identify population needs and assets that influence the health issue for this community. Provide evidence to support the identified needs and assets. Sources of data include past published community needs assessments; county health rankings, BRFSS, state government agencies, chambers of commerce, nonprofit organizations, community health centers.
4. Describe health disparities that exist and discuss what drives those disparities (policies, cultural norms, systems, etc.).
5. Describe cultural needs: Discuss the cultural values and practices that will need to be considered in the design of a program for this community.
6. Describe overall challenges and barriers to addressing the public health issue with this community.
You are required to cite to three to five sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and public health content.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more