JOURNAL 1 – Chapt. 2 & 3
1) a) What traits do you observe in your most recent supervisor?
In Table 2.2 and 5 major personality traits in the Personality Model in Table 2.3?
c) Would you say this leader has assigned or emergent power or both? Explain.
2) In your text pages 36-38. Take the Leadership Trait Questionnaire. The book asks you (the leader) and five others to take it – the others are rating you. Five others may be difficult to recruit so invite at least 2 others to rate you (not relatives). Reflect in writing on the results.
3) In Chapter three of your text read the case study 3.1 on pages 60 – 61 – – A Strained Research Team. Write a short paragraph responding to the questions on page 61.
4) One of the important capabilities of leaders is to be able to problem solve. Your text details nine problem solving skills. Using a work or personal example of a solved problem, describe the steps you used in solving the problem and connect the 9 skills to your example.
5) Take the Skills Inventory on page 66 – 68 of your text. Score it via the instructions on that page. Report your scores here. Reflect on the meaning of the scores. How do these scores influence what your leadership education journey might need to include?
_______Technical _______Human Skill _______Conceptual
6) Read the following articles on leading remotely.
A. Working From Home Advice
B. Self-Leadership Skills Required for a Remote Team
C. Top 8 Leadership Skills for Managing Remote Employees
D. A Guide to Managing your Newly Remote Workers
a. Rank which article was most helpful as you prepare to be a leader who can be effective in remote settings.
b. Summarize in 2-3 sentences per article the best advice from each article.
c. List and Describe the skills you saw in the articles that would benefit a person leading remotely.
7) What leadership-related Ah-ha have you learned from this assignment?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more